Monday, February 6, 2012

Good Morning all.
As you can see by my lack of posting until now is a direct result of my research taking a back seat to my classes last semester, which will not be happening again. So on ward with the research....

I am about 85% finished with the MATLAB code;however, there are a lot of constants that are necessary to run the code, which I cannot seem to locate within the Deschamps paper. I thought all the constants would be in the paper, but I guess not. These constants are material particular so maybe I can look up the material they are using and obtain the constants that way. If I am unable to find them, I'm not sure what I will do. Maybe use the material that my research is focused...I don't know. I will worry about that when I get there.

The next order of business is my thesis. The introduction is started and needs much work. I decided to get a head start on the literature review, which is much more difficult than I anticipated. Also I had no idea that I had amassed such an enormous amount of research papers, books and other theses. It's crazy how many papers I have. Anyway, I siphoned through them and figured out, which papers are the most relevant to my topic. Now it is time to start writing paragraphs for each paper. 

Today, I am working on finding the Deschamps material constants and the literature review.  The search for the material constants is not getting very far though since I am unable to find them in the paper like I stated previously.

Last order of business is this blog. I will be posting every time I work on research and after my weekly meetings with Prof. Satchi.

Hope everyone has a GREAT monday!! :)

"Science too often trivializes the profound, answering questions that are very different from the ones that were asked.  To formulate a question suitable for scientific research too often requires us to forget what it was that we really wanted to know." 
Earon Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment