Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lots of equations with more parameters

Good Morning!! Last week I posted about parameters within the Deschamps equations that were not all described in the paper. My first idea was to go through previous/post Deschamps papers, but I realized that Deschamps did not invent the equations in the paper. All of the equations are/should be referenced in his paper. Therefore, I started picking through the references. I'm not very far yet because I do not have all the references related to the equations yet, but I am working towards that. One of the initial equation reference papers is 115 pages long! I will be going through it all day. Prof. Satchi wants me to go through all the equations figure out which constants are what. Are they calculated? Are they given/material constants? Are they fudge parameters, if so how were they determined? I will be making a master list of all of this.

I finished my single slide power point. I have not practiced giving the 30 second presentation. I'm definitely not ready for that at all. 

So for the next week I will be devoting all my time to the equations and their constants!

"Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party."~Jimmy Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment