Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Research Meeting Follow up

As I stated in my last post I am having difficult finding constants used in many of the Deschamps equations. I will be looking through other papers he has published after this paper until now. Hopefully, I will find something if not I will search through other papers citing the Deschamps paper. So what I am going to do is define all terms, see which i have and don't have and search from there. If after all that I am completely unsuccessful, I will email the Deschamps research group and pray they answer my questions. Hopefully they will because then I can conclude my MATLAB code and see if I can replicate their research.

I've been working on the literature review, which is coming a long nicely, but I also need to work on a single slide presenting my research. Prof.Satchi stated I need to develop an hour presentation, 30 minute presentation and a 30 second presentation. The 30 mins I could do now, but very roughly! The single slide is part of my 30 second presentation. My first draft of my slide is VERY wordy...too wordy if you ask me. So I'm working on that this week also.

Lastly, I will re-examine the physics behind all the main equations and must understand the phase diagrams of aluminum. 

Recapping: single slide, MATLAB code constants and phase diagrams. Those are the things I will be working on for the rest of this week. Have a happy Wednesday!

"If all people are unique, and if they are constantly changing each and every day, then all one can say about any social research finding is that it applied to that group of people on that given day, and given the propensity of humans to be different and to change, then it is unlikely that one would get the same results if one were to repeat the study."~Wayne Dyer


No comments:

Post a Comment